Class requirements for Angeline’s Advent Calendar class
Thank you for booking on this class, it's going to be a fun afternoon to get us in the mood for Christmas.
Please bring the following with you to the class:
* The pre-printed advent calendar panel of your choice
* Backing fabric for the main piece (the pockets don't need backing). Calico is fine for this as it won't be seen.
* Wadding for the main piece (again, the pockets don't need wadding)
* Fabric for binding your advent calendar (do measure your panel but, as a guide, 4"/10cm would be enough for most advent calendars)
If you have chosen to make the Advent calendar with the little stockings, you will not need wadding if you make it the same way as the shop sample. You may however want to use a fusible lining to make the stocking sturdier. You will also need ribbon/tape to attach the stocking to (4m should be enough).
* Cotton thread (to tone with your fabrics) to put the advent calendar together
* Quilting thread
* Sewing machine (please call in advance if you wish to hire one of the shop's machines)
* A walking foot for the machine (for the quilting, it you have one)
* Needles to match your threads (e.g. metallic and woollen threads require particular needles)
* Cutting mat, ruler and rotary cutter (ideally the mat and ruler should be longer than the width of your panel)
* Your favoured method of basting (e.g. contrasting thread (and a hand needle), pins or spray)
* You may want to add some beads, buttons and/sequins to embellish your advent calendar
* Ribbon to make loops to hang your advent calendar
* Alternatively, fabric to make loops or a sleeve to hang your advent calendar
Plus.....plenty of energy so we can get the advent calendars finished in the afternoon :)
If you have any questions, please call the shop on 020 8941 7075.
I look forward to seeing you on the day,