4. Threads for free-motion sewing. I like to use shiny 40 weight ‘embroidery’
polyester in the top of my sewing machine, and Superior Threads
‘Bottomline’ in my bobbin. Don’t buy lots of new threads - bring what you
know your machine likes.
5. General purpose sewing thread. Please include a polyester sewing thread
such as Gutterman’s.
6. Needles for machine & hand sewing. I use Microtex machine needles.
5. Rotary cutter and mat.
6. Ruler minimum 18” long.
7. Quilters square minimum size 6”, or quilters’ triangular ‘ruler’.
8. A 1” x 6” ruler. This is essential for the piping technique.
10. Scissors for fabric and thread cutting.
11. Quilt marking pen or pencil.
12. Quarter inch foot.
13. Piping or Zipper foot.
14. Quilter’s safety pins and straight pins.
15. A quarter of a metre of non-woven, non-fusible Vilene.
16. Notebook, a few sheets of paper and pens.
17. Portable ironing surface and iron if available (not everyone will need their
own iron and board).