Class requirements for Paper Piecing with Valerie – Basic requirements
There are many different shapes for paper piecing.
If you have an ongoing project to work on, please bring it along. Alternatively, please let Valerie know before the class and she will contact you to discuss what you would like to do. Valerie is usually in the shop on Monday and Thursday afternoons, 1.30 til 5.30.
When attending the class, please make sure you bring the following with you:
- Tacking thread or fabric glue pen
- Neutral sewing pen – Bottom Line grey 622 works very well with most fabrics
- Marking pencil that shows on light and dark fabrics
- Needles – including fine ones for piecing and appliqué
- Appliqué glue (Roxanne) or fine pins
- Scissors, 1x6” ruler, cutting mat and rotary cutter if you have one
- Plastic covered paper clips (Valerie will bring some if you don’t have)
- 100% cotton fabrics – small prints work best
Don’t forget your packed lunch! Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided throughout the day and there are some excellent coffee shops on Bridge Road to tempt you.
If you are attending the class on October 15th with a Christmas Theme, you might to consider bringing:
Two contrasting strips of fabrics ( Jelly Rolls are good) machined together and seam pressed open.
Thin Tree: 2"x1.25" Isosceles Triangle
Fat Tree: 1.5" Equilateral Triangle
Holly Tree: 0.75" Hexagon
Fabrics - green Christmas, holly, brown for trunks.
If you want bigger trees - use a larger size of papers.
As always I recommend using the appropriate Acrylic Templates for best results.
Please let Valerie know in good time your choice of project/s so that we can make sure that we have them in stock.