Class requirements for the Hoop Quilt Project with Sue Th. at Creative Quilting
For a 14” hoop quilt:
- One 14” quilting hoop (smaller or larger is fine, just be aware that for a larger hoop you will require more fabric – particularly the fabric for wrapping the outer hoop.
- Five or six fabrics. Some small pieces and some fat quarters. Plan a coordinated colour scheme. One of the fat quarters will be for wrapping the outer hoop and another for the surround of your central motif. If you’re going for a larger hoop then get 50cm of the fabric you want to use to wrap the hoop.
- 1/2m fusible wadding (you can use the fusible fleece that Creative Quilting stocks)
- Neutral thread to coordinate with your fabrics
- Perlé cotton No 8 or 12 or sashiko thread and a needle to suit
- Fabric glue