Requirements for Pieced Landscape Wallhanging with Sue Thornborough
- An A3 sheet of drawing paper. Your tutor will have an A3 pad and you can purchase a sheet (or 2) during class.
- Pencil and eraser.
- Sky fabric – a fat quarter
- Ground fabrics – at least 7 pieces of varying pattern and ‘colour saturation’ that are 20” wide (the width of a FQ) by 4” or bigger. You will need some bright, medium sized prints for the foreground and some grey toned, small prints for the distance and some in-between.
- Tree fabrics – one or two dark fabric scraps for the tree trunks and 3 pieces for the tree tops.
- Border 1. A long quarter in a bright fabric that highlights one of your landscape fabrics.
- Border 2. Half metre.
- Backing. 75cms
- Binding. A long quarter or you may have enough of the border 2 fabric if you want to use that.
- Piece of wadding 60cms by 75cms.
- Neutral thread for piecing.
- Thread for quilting
Click here for a printable version of the class requirements