LARGE RETREAT BAG MAKING KIT
The Retreat Bag is a simple zippered pouch with a wide base and a wide structured opening. There is a casing in the top where you insert two wire frames (one on each side), which helps it stay open when open, and helps turn the corners down when closed. It has two optional slip pockets inside and a long zipper that helps it open wide.
The key to having a nicely shaped Retreat Bag is interfacing, interfacing and interfacing. One layer of interfacing and then a layer of fusible fleece on the exterior, in addition to interfacing on the lining and you are all set. Our kit contains the materials you will need to make an Emmaline Large Retreat Bag:
- Internal Wire Frame - Style B
- 22" closed end nylon zipper (choice of colour, or choose "no zip" if no zip is required)
- Fusible interfacing
- Fusible fleece
Finished dimensions are approximately 11" long by 6.5" high by 7 1/4" wide.
To complete your bag you will also need:
- 0.5m of quilting weight cotton for the exterior
- 0.75m of quilting weight cotton for the interior lining
- Thread to match your fabrics
- Double-sided wash away tape 1/4" wide, or fabric glue for zipper attachment (optional)
- Water-soluble erasable marking pen, or chalk pencil
- Rotary cutter, cutting mat and large ruler
- Zipper foot & walking foot (optional) for your sewing machine.
The Retreat Bag pattern
can be downloaded directly from Emmaline, for free.
Why not have a look at the #retreatbag and #emmalinebags hashtags on Instagram for some inspiration?