Can you ever have too many bags?
How about learning to make one from scratch? We have gone to town and compiled this very extensive ‘how to’ sewing pattern which teaches you everything you need to know to make a lovely patchwork bag.
The step-by-step EPP instructions will guide you through EPP assembly, machine-stitching the bag outer, bag lining and even how to make colourful handles and finishing of the bag. Just get stitching!
The pattern pack contains:
- detailed technique instructions for English Paper Piecing
- Step by step instructions for pattern assembly and sewing and finishing the bag.
- Pre-cut paper pieces are included
Please note: This pattern does NOT contain the fabrics!
To make the bag, you will need:
- For the long honeycombs: approximately 2no. 2.5inch strips of 22" wide fabric each of 4 different, coordinated fabrics of your choice (or 24no. fabric scrap pieces of approx. 2.5" by 5inch size)
- For the squares: approximately 2no. 1.5inch strips by 42inch width fabric (these are dark pink in the cover bag)
- For the background of the bag: approximately 0.75m by 42inch width fabric (this is grey in the cover bag)
- For the lining of the bag: approximately 0.6m by 42inch width fabric (this is pink in the cover bag)
- Wadding: 2 pieces approximately 22 by 18 in. (55 x 45 cm)
- Strong interacing: 2 strips of 1.5 x 30 in (4 x 75cm)