Orbiter Quilt Pattern by Janet Clare
Explore the night sky with this stunning quilt pattern!
Inspired by the beauty and mystery of the night sky the 'Orbiter' Quilt Pattern features fabric from Janet Clare's 'Astra' fabric collection for Moda. The careful arrangement of the blocks gives a striking illusion of circles and curves.
The pattern is printed in full colour and includes colour photographs, detailed layout diagrams, fabric requirements and cutting lists. Detailed block diagrams show the exact arrangement of fabrics and lots of supporting photographs, mean you can confidently re-create this design.
The pattern guides you through cutting your fabric, preparing and piecing the blocks, and includes notes on preparing the quilt backing, wadding, layering up and binding.
If you wish to make this quilt using the same fabrics as in Janet's cover quilt, you will require:
FOR PIECING THE FRONT
- 3 3/4yds Galaxy - Eclipse (16920-24)
- 2 1/4 yds Black Hole - Armstrong (16922-16)
- 2/3 yd Infinity - Armstrong (16922-16)
- 1 1/4 yd Satellite - Armstrong (16923-22)
- 1/2 yd Starlet -Milky Way (16924-11)
- 1 yd Comet - Milky Way (16925-11)
- 1 1/4 yd Stars- Stellar (16921-14)
- 3/4 yd Galaxy - Eclipse (16920-24)
FOR LAYERING UP AND BACKING
- 8 yards (two seams) Stars - Eclipse (16921-18)
The finished quilt measures either 86 x 86 inches
Please note that True Colour may differ slightly from displayed images due to differences in calibration and computer models.