Classes and Demonstrations
All our classes due to take place at the shop, or at Our Lady of Lourdes, have been postponed or cancelled. We will automatically issue credits for the classes that were due to take place between 5th November and 3rd December, the credits can be used on future classes or purchases in the shop (if you order via the website you will need to select 'call me for payment' for us to apply your credit).
When we are able to recommence our classes, we anticipate the following steps will be necessary to keep our students, tutors and safe as safe as possible:
As those of you who have been to classes here know, the upstairs classroom is quite small and not easy to rearrange. We trialled a few classes over the Summer in 2020, and have come up with the following plan:
- Numbers will be restricted to 4 students and 1 tutor so that each student can have their own table/space.
- Students and tutor will have to wear a face covering / mask or face shield (we will have a stock of face shields available to purchase for classes from September).
- The windows will be kept open during the class to allow for adequate ventilation.
- We will encourage you to bring your own equipment where possible, any equipment borrowed will be sanitised before and after use.
- Refreshments will generally be served in disposable cups (or please bring a travel mug to save waste) and we have mini packs of biscuits to avoid everyone touching the same plate of biscuits.
We are also running looking at running extra classes at Our Lady of Lourdes Church hall, where we will be able to have up to 12 students instead of our normal 16. The big change there will be that we will not be providing lunch so students will need to bring their own, we will still provide tea, coffee, biscuits etc.. We will obviously keep checking the guidelines and make any changes as necessary.
In order to be fair, due to reduced capacity, we may need to restrict the number of classes you can book on so that we can accommodate everyone who wants to attend. We will take details of all the classes you want to attend and then work through the bookings to allocate spaces fairly. You will then get a confirmation of which classes you are booked on and will be added to the waiting list for any classes you don't get offered. At that point we will check for any credits we are holding and process payments for confirmed classes. After that our normal terms and conditions for classes as detailed below will apply.
Skill Levels explained
To help you find a class right for you, we have given each class a "skill" level as follows:
Suitable for anyone, including patchwork virgins.
Suitable for anyone with some patchwork knowledge, including rotary cutting skills and 1/4" seam allowance mastered.
Suitable for someone with good patchwork skills.
Patchwork & needlework does require time and patience. It is unlikely you will always finish the project during the class and you will be given all the necessary instructions to complete it at home (Open Format and Follow on classes are also available).
Please do read the information given at the end of this page, paying particular attention to the terms and conditions: we will assume T&Cs have been read and agreed when you book on a class.
Sewing machines & equipmentWe kindly ask you to take your own equipment upstairs, so please make sure that you only bring items that you can carry to our 1st floor classroom. If your sewing machine is too heavy for you to take upstairs, we strongly recommend hiring one of ours (Janome DXL603) which costs just £4.00 per session. Cutting mat, rulers and cutters can be borrowed on a first come, first served basis. However, at this time, we encourage you to bring your own equipment where possible. Any equipment borrowed will be sanitised before and after use. We do thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.
Terms and Conditions
In addition to the T&Cs below please be aware that due to the uncertainty of Covid19 we may need to make changes to venues or cancel classes at short notice. Where possible we will give you as much notice as possible. If you would like to book a place on a class:
- Either ring the shop or return the enclosed booking form with full payment.
- We cannot guarantee your space unless you pay for your place – bookings received without payment will be put on a waiting list and transferred to the actual list once paid for.
- Should you wish to cancel - providing you give us 7 days notice before the class, we will issue a CREDIT NOTE. It can be used against goods or classes and there is no time limit on it. However, if you do not give us 7 days notice, we will NOT BE ABLE to offer a credit note as we would have confirmed the tutor and committed to pay their fee. We will be happy for you to find someone to take your place, but we cannot take responsibility to find someone for you.
- Should WE cancel a class, a full refund will be given (via original payment method).
Please check the times of any classes that you have booked on the individual details, although most classes run 10.30am to 16.30pm some don’t!
We will assume T&Cs have been read and agreed when you book on a class.
We hope to see you on a class soon, if there is a particular technique or pattern you would like to learn do drop us an email – firstname.lastname@example.org and we will look at adding it to our programme.